Katie Ford is a classic Bermudan carvel planked pilot house cutter having a curved stem profile
running into a full keel with rudder hung on a raked stock at aft end of keel and propeller in
aperture and a curved counter stern.
- Planking is 1- 1/4” Alaska cedar fastened with bronze screws.
- Deck is ¾” laid teak over ¾”marine plywood.
- Yellow cedar floors 2-3/8” and Oak floors.
- Steel O.A. floors and steel plate floors.
- Backbone wolmanized fir.
- Steel plate bulkhead at aft end of galley.
- Chainplates are bronze external on hull and bronze bolted.
- Main cabin is finished in knotty pine (stained & varnished) with Honduras mahogany trim.
- Cabin sides cedar and rail, teak cabin caps and trim are teak.
- Cabin sole is teak.
- Ballast is iron (8450 cast) with iron keel bolts. Trim ballast is lead.
- Additional ballast of 1200 lbs is distributed inside bilges.
- Mast and booms are Sitka spruce. The mast is 59’ to the butt.
- Through hulls are Maralon except for the head discharge which is bronze and isolated from the wood.
- All hoses are recent.
- Standing rigging all stainless wire.
Fuel tanks are Everdure 2 @ 45 US gals each.
Stove oil tank & day gravity tanks are 25 gal & 5 gal respectively. Main tank is Everdure.
3 Water tanks all copper, 50, 30 and 10 gallons (all US).