- Fore sails are roller furling, making life easier for the single handler.
- The mainsail is fully battened, set for slab reefing and comes with lazy jacks.
- The main and staysail halyards are wire, operated by mechanical drum winches.
- The Yankee is hoisted on a Dacron line with an open mechanical winch.
- Highfield levers are used for loosening the leeward running backstay.
- Flood lights are installed under the lower spreaders.
- Katie Ford carries 1000 SF of Main, Staysail and Yankee.
- The Yankee was built in 2006 by Hasse.
- The Main and staysail are built by Hood.
- A boom retainer with tackle is usually located just ahead of the Pilot House.
- On deck Katie Ford carries a 45# CQR type anchor with 150 of 3/8ths chain.
- The anchor windlass (32v) is a Lee Bennett (original) fully reconditioned in 2004. It has a drum and a gypsy to handle the chain.
- A life sling with towing line is located at the stern on the starboard side.
- A lifting hoist is located forward at the shrouds and is in ready use position.
- To port at the stern is the MOB pole.
- On the port side provision is made for chocks to support the 8’ hard dinghy.
- Radar reflector is located high on the shrouds.
- Harken furling gear is used for the head sails.
- The wash down hose bib is on the port side of the pilot house and is run by a 32v pump.
- A deck box contains keys to deck fittings, fire axe, anchor snub, water filter, dip sticks and misc items.
- The Forepeak, accessed either from the forward cabin or the deck well, houses chain and nylon line for the Danforth, and spare staysail sheets (red) for use when the staysail boom is removed in heavy downwind sailing.
- Sail and hatch covers are in place.
- A new awning is used for summer cruising and sun protection. It comes equipped with side curtains that are zipped on for easy installation.
- Katie Ford has used spray curtains for the cockpit and these are not on board.
- Katie Ford has a full winter cover and this was put to good use this past winter as the new cabin top was installed under it.
- In the cockpit the special bench seat and the cockpit seats have two sets of cushions one of high density foam (good floatation) and the other more comfortable soft foam.